The Speleoforum is an annual meeting of members of The Czech Speleological Society and other cavers from the Czech Republic and foreign countries. It takes place every spring in the Moravian Karst and the main programme is presentation of last year activities and long term projects results.
The Speleoforum lasts 3 days and consists of several parts. There are scientific karstological and geological lectures on Friday, practical speleological problems are discussed on Friday evening, excursions to caves in the Moravian karst are held on Saturday and Sunday. There is also a poster session and stalls with speleological literature, equipment, etc.
On the occassion of the Speleoforum course, board of The Czech Speleological Society declares traditional awards:
– award for the most significant discovery in the Czech Republic
– award for the most significant discovery abroad made by members of the CSS
– special award of the Speleoforum
Participants of the Speleoforum are alowed to vote for awarding in other categories:
- award of the Speleoforum participants for the most significant discovery in the Czech Republic
- award of the Speleoforum participants for the most significant discovery abroad made by members of the CSS
- award for the best presentation
– award for the most attractive poster presentation
– award for the best article in the Speleoforum journal
The next Speleoforum will held in April 2011!